Friday 29 June 2012

Quiet Book – Tic-Tac-Toe Page (Single Page)


I saw the tic-tac-toe page at A Pretty Cool Life and knew that I had to include one.


To make the board, I marked out two vertical lines, at 3” and 6” from the outer edge (inner edge has the holes for binding the book together). I then marked two horizontal lines, one at 4” from the top and one at 4” from the bottom of the page. This divided the page into 9 blocks.


Taking four pieces of ribbon, I sewed them onto the page over the lines I had marked out. I sewed two lines into each ribbon, along both edges.

Then I sewed on pieces of Velcro (the loop side, so that the pages do not stick together when the pieces are not on the board) into the middle of each block.

To make the game pieces, I decided to use X’s and O’s, although there are a number of really good boards online that use sports balls or other objects instead of the regular X and O.


I cut out the X’s and O’s, five of each, from another piece of pellon and sewed on small pieces of Velcro (the hook side, so that the pages do not stick together when the pieces are not on the board).

I then painted them.

All done. Now it’s time beat my boyfriend at tic-tac-toe, just to make the sure the board works as planned☺.

No comments:

Post a Comment